You are way more intelligent than you realize! Here’s a list of signs that actually indicate a super bright mind. They are all scientifically proved, so if you feel like a few of them are true for you, you have every reason to call yourself a genius!
You realize how much you don’t know 0:48
You wear the same clothes every day 2:00
You can feel what others are thinking 3:01
You can perfectly control yourself 3:50
Your eyes are blue 4:53
You are a chocolate lover 5:54
When you’re upset, you know what’s bothering you 6:56
You talk to yourself 7:47
You can’t stand any background noise 8:35
Your handwriting is messy 9:21
– Justin Kruger and David Dunning worked with a group of Cornell University undergrads and published the results of their research in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology in 1999. They asked students to predict their scores after being tested in Humor, Logical reasoning and English Grammar. Those who were 100% sure they did outstandingly well ended up with worse results than those who were more critical of themselves.
– Psychologist Oliver Burkeman has done some serious research on the lifestyle of the brightest minds in the world. He concluded that smart people tend to save up their mental abilities for more important things. Unless those smart people are fashion designers or Lady Gaga, of course.
– Empathy is a sign of exceptional mental intelligence. If you are emotionally intelligent, you love meeting new people and learning new things. According to psychologist and author of Focus: The Hidden Drivers of Excellence Daniel Goleman, people who care a lot about others and can feel them well, generally, succeed in life.
– The ability to control instincts is what we know distinguishes humans from animals. Genius people went even further: they manage to overcome and control any impulses they have. If you can plan and achieve goals without being distracted by emotions you are more intelligent than you might imagine.
– Professor emeritus of the University of Louisville Joanne Rowe has concluded light-eyed humans, and even animals are way better at activities requiring self-pacing than the dark-eyed creatures. The fact that you are better at self-paced activities means that you like paying attention to every detail.
– M.D. Franz H. Messerli, who is most likely a chocolate lover himself, published the results of his study in The New England Journal of Medicine. He tried to link genius (Noble prize winner kind of genius) per ten million people with the amount of chocolate consumed in certain countries. And he found it.
– Genius people don’t stick to the past. And, they don’t blame everyone and everything around for their sadness. Psychologist Daniel Goleman explains a real genius does not only address problems but also recognizes emotions when he feels them, and not ignores them.
– Psychologists Daniel Swigley and Gary Lupyan conducted a whole study on it. The good self-talk, according to them, helps us sort the important thoughts from useless stuff going through our minds.
– A study conducted at the Northwestern University has stated that a genius hates any kind of background noise because it prevents him from concentrating on important issues.
– Next time someone criticizes your handwriting, simply nod, say “I am sorry you don’t get it” and triumph on the inside. Messy writing is one of the signs of a genius!
Did you recognize any of these signs in yourself, or maybe you are now positive your best friend is a genius? Feel free to share it in the comments section.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
SMART Youtube: https://goo.gl/JTfP6L
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
Have you ever seen a talking slime? Here he is – Slick Slime Sam: https://goo.gl/zarVZo
For more videos and articles visit: