Some of your characteristics may signify a higher than average intellect. Are you a night owl? Or a procrastinator? Then you are way smarter than you think!
We all have little things about ourselves that may seem useless or even annoying to other people at times. But hold off before you start beating yourself up or trying to change these little behaviors. You’re probably a genius!
You’re a lefty. 0:52
You often freak out over the littlest things. 1:58
You have a good sense of humor. 2:47
You’re a little on the nosy side. 3:41
You’re a night owl. 4:34
You’re extremely sensitive or easily distracted. 6:03
You walk a lot. 6:50
You realize how much knowledge you still lack. 7:28
You’re a master of self-control. 8:09
You often procrastinate. 9:06
You’re constantly munching on something. 10:00
You fall asleep from time to time during the day. 10:42
– Scientists found a link between left-handedness and a notion called “divergent thinking”, which is a kind of creativity that allows someone to generate new ideas.
– People who tend to worry a lot take the quality of their work more seriously.
– Humor influences intellect by exercising the brain and keeping it in tip-top shape. Next time your friends tell you to quit clowning around, just tell them you are exercising your intellect!
– Curiosity and an inquisitive mind make people more intelligent. Scientists had been observing 6,000 people born in the last 50 years, and they found that preteen children who had got the most points on IQ tests grew up to be more curious and open-minded adults.
– Scientists say that this preference for late hours could be due to the fact that brain activity (therefore, intellect) is so high that it challenges your body’s circadian rhythm.
– The harder it is for a person to stay focused, the cleverer they are. How so? Again, it’s that intense brain activity. It’s just too hard to control.
– People who live in cities built with a focus on walking have a higher intelligence indicator than those living in cities with lots of cars and other types of transport.
– The less bright a person is, the more they overestimate their cognitive abilities. The same goes the other way around. Intelligent people aren’t afraid to say, “I don’t know”, and if they don’t know, they can find this thing out later.
– Intelligent people are able to overcome their impulses and suppress their emotions. They also typically think about the consequences before they do something.
– Scientists agree that intelligent people tend to postpone their tasks for later. Psychologist Adam Grant says that procrastination is the key to innovation. Steve Jobs managed to use his procrastination strategically, letting his brain rest and switching to completely different tasks before finishing the ones he had started.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
SMART Youtube: https://goo.gl/JTfP6L
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
Have you ever seen a talking slime? Here he is – Slick Slime Sam: https://goo.gl/zarVZo
For more videos and articles visit: