Stonehenge, the Taj Mahal, the Great Pyramid of Giza – all incredible historical monuments and impressive engineering feats! But have you ever wondered how much it would cost to build these awe-inspiring landmarks nowadays?
For example, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, the Great Pyramid of Giza was built around 4,000 years ago. The whole thing was made with more than 2 million limestone blocks, each weighing about 2.5 tons. And it took tens of thousands of workers up to 30 years to complete the construction! If you decided to build such a colossal monument nowadays, the total price tag would be a jaw-dropping $1.2 billion! But it isn’t even the most expensive!
Other videos you might like:
7 Unique Places Even Scientists Can’t Explain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QhuDJvZweI&
4 Mystery Doors That Should Never Be Opened https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfYnUaLpdc0&
The Great Pyramid Mystery Has Finally Been Solved https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sONLWHuYo7w
Big Ben 0:26
The Statue of Liberty 1:14
The Leaning Tower of Pisa 2:44
The Eiffel Tower 3:30
The Hanging Gardens of Babylon 4:29
The Parthenon 5:06
Angkor Wat 5:44
Machu Picchu 6:33
The Taj Mahal 7:22
The Colosseum 8:09
The Great Pyramid of Giza 9:03
The Great Wall of China 10:00
#landmarks #wondersoftheworld #brightside
– Let’s say you just want to make yourself a Big Ben Bell. You’ll need to get hold of $63,000 for copper, 67,000 for tin, 90,000 for the workers, and 3,000 for cranes and the whole installation process. In total, it’s $223,000.
– To build Statue of Liberty nowadays, you’d need $780,000 for the materials (copper, steel, and concrete) and half a million for the construction work. Meaning the total cost of your Statue of Liberty project would be almost $1.3 million.
– Stonehenge consists of two types of stones. So, that’ll be $1 million for the sarsen stones (the smaller ones), 100,000 for bluestones (those are the big ones), another 100,000 for trenching, and 2.3 million for the labor and cranes.
– If you decided to build your own Tower of Pisa, you’d need to spend almost $3 million on the white marble it’s made from. The cranes and labor would add 1.2 million to that.
– To build an Eiffel Tower in your backyard, you’d need the permission of your neighbors (good luck with that!) plus $1.2-million-worth of materials like iron, rivets, paint, and light bulbs.
– The Hanging Gardens of Babylon. If you wanted to create the same oasis for yourself, you’d have to spend 21.5 million on the materials and landscape designers. The workers will take their 10 million, and you can say goodbye to a total of $31.5 million.
– The Parthenon. These days, re-constructing the famous landmark would demand over $35 million!
– Machu Picchu. You would spend 57 million on the materials (mainly granite) and 13 million on the labor and cranes. A total of $70 million – and voila! You have a cool mountainous city!
– The Taj Mahal. To build one today, get ready to pay 3 million for the bricks, 23.5 million for the marble, 15 million for the garden, and 2.5 million for the dome!
– Built from stone and concrete, Rome’s Colosseum is the world’s largest amphitheater. You’ll need $200 million…just for the limestone alone! The elliptical structure would be 215 million.
– The construction of the original wall took over 2,000 years to complete! It would cost you around 21 billion to get all the necessary materials. You’ll need the same amount to talk the builders into getting down to work.
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit: